10/20/2008

My Sweet 16 Bicycle

Isn't she a beauty. My parents gave me this bike on my sixteenth birthday. It was by far, the best bike I had ever owned. I realized immediately that I would have to enter some races and go on some long distance rides. It would be a shame not to. It is a Schwinn Superior with Campy parts - 12 speeds - super light - I love it. I declared then that I would never get rid of this bike. It would be a family heirloom.

This past summer a friend gave my old bike a new purpose. I needed a good commuter bike so we put on new pedals, handle bars and a seat. I have been riding an old 3 speed to work - from Arlington to the Back Bay. On the old bike, it would take me 1.25 hours to get to work. This past Friday I made it to work in 45 minutes. So 23 years after receiving this bike, I'm back on it and loving life.

Quality = Longevity

0 comments: