8/22/2008

Boston Bikes & Builds Green

What a beautiful August morning in Boston! I met up with the Bike Friday convoy and biked with the crowd all the way to City Hall Plaza. The weather was perfect, I met lots of other bike enthusiasts and I enjoyed a free bagel, banana and coffee. My convoy started in Lexington and picked up people along the way. We were the largest convoy so we each won a T-shirt. What more could a girl ask for? Well, a photo with the Mayor of course.

Lorelei from D2E with Mayor Menino. I love this guy. Besides all the great work he is doing with Boston Bikes, he is working to make the urban affordable housing green as well. This guy is the real deal.


Erin Ailworth reports in today's Globe:

"The mayor is the leading mayor in the country in the creation of affordable housing," O'Connell said. "And now he has become the leading mayor in the country in the greening of affordable housing."
A big congrats to Nicole Freedman who is heading up Boston Bikes. She organized the event and we had a great turnout this morning. I'm still all pumped up on adrenalin and ready to conquer the work day.

0 comments: