7/25/2008

Ride Bikes!

Today is officially BIKE FRIDAY! So I grabbed my bike at 7am and made my way from Arlington to City Hall Plaza where Nicole Freedman, Boston's Bicycle Tzar and head of Boston Bikes, met me with some great bike schwag and breakfast. It was a perfect morning for riding to work, and I was joined by hundreds of other Bostonians, Newtonians, Lexingtonians, etc.

Cities really are just a bunch of neighborhoods, and this event made me feel like I was part of a community. I loved it. I met the people from Greenstreets, a great grass roots organization that is promoting alternative forms of transportation. They were happy to see that I wore green and I was happy to support their cause.

The next Bike Friday event is August 22nd, but don't wait until then to get out your bike. It feels great to get into work with your adrenalin pumping. Ride bikes!


Zipcar was represented - we love Zipcar.

0 comments: